Roof Hatch Technical Specifications
Part 1 - General
- Furnish roof hatch(es) as required.
1.3 Performance Requirements
- copies of shop drawings shall be submitted to the architect for approval prior to fabrication.
- The roof hatch(es) shall be designed to meet the requirements prescribed by the governing building codes.
- A written guarantee will be provided certifying that the roof hatch(es) shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 5 years from date of purchase.
- All parts shall be neatly formed and fabricated with all joints and seams completely welded to insure water tightness.
- Unit(s) shall be supplied completely assembled and ready for installation.
Part 2 - Products
Return To Library
- Roof hatch(es) shall be manufactured by Lane-Aire Manufacturing Corp., 2820 El Presidio Street, Carson, California 90749. Phone number (323) 636-2324 or (714) 547-7744.
- Cover shall be (14 GA galvanized steel/.125 aluminum) with a 1" fiberglas insulation and a cover liner of (22 GA galvanized steel/.040 aluminum).
- Curb shall be (14 GA galvanized steel/.125 aluminum) with a rigid 1" insulation at the exterior. Curb shall be 12" high and equipped with a 3 1/2" wide mounting flange with pre-drilled holes.
- Unit shall be equipped with heavy duty pintle hinges, inside lever handle, outside turn handle; positive action hold open arm, inside and outside lugs for padlocking, and continuous draft seal around the cover perimiter.
- Galvanized steel units shall be factory prime painted. Aluminum units shall be mill finish.