Smoke Vent Technical Specifications
Part 1 - General
- Furnish smoke vent(s) as required.
1.3 Performance Requirements
- copies of shop drawings shall be submitted to the architect for approval prior to fabrication.
- The smoke vent(s) shall be designed to meet the requirements prescribed by the governing building codes.
- A written guarantee will be provided certifying that the smoke vent(s) shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 5 years from date of purchase.
- All parts shall be neatly formed and fabricated with all joints and seams completely welded to insure water tightness.
- Unit(s) shall be supplied completely assembled and ready for installation.
- Smoke vent(s) to have California State Fire Marshal approval number 4475-054. Models SVD and SVDL to additionally have California State Fire Marshal approval number 4350-054 and ICBO approval number 1998.
Part 2 - Products
Return To Library
- Smoke vent(s) shall be manufactured by Lane-Aire Manufacturing Corp., 2820 El Presidio Street, Carson, California 90749. Phone number (312) 636-2324 or (714) 547-7744.
- Cover for models SVD and SVDL shall be constructed with a clear or white acrylic plastic some engaged in an extruded aluminum retaining frame and formed (14 GA galvanized steel/.125 aluminum) cover frame. Cover for models SV and SVDD shall be (14 GA galvanized steel/.125 aluminum) with a 1" fiberglas insulation and a cover liner of (22 GA galvanized steel/.040 aluminum).
- Curb shall be (14 GA galvanized steel/.125 aluminum) with a rigid 1" insulation at the exterior. Curb shall be 7 1/2" high and equipped with a 3 1/2" wide mounting flange with pre-drilled holes.
- Unit shall be equipped with heavy duty hinges, lid lifting arm, limit chain, and chrome vanadium steel torsion springs. Unit shall be activated by a UL listed fudible link or optional Electro-Thermal link.
- Galvanized steel units shall be factory prime painted. Aluminum units shall be mill finish.