Standard Skylight Technical Specifications
Part 1 - GeneralReturn To Library
- Design and fabrication of aluminum skylight
- Glazing material
- All related flashings
- Complete installation details
1.3 Performance Requirements
- copies of shop drawings shall be submitted to the architect for approval prior to fabrication.
- Samples shall be submitted for approval prior to fabrication.
- The skylight structure shall be designed to meet the requirements prescribed by the governing building codes.
- AAMA standards will be adhered to.
- A written guarantee will be provided certifying that skylights shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship, and will not leak for a period of 5 years from date of purchase.
- Glazing materials are covered by glazing manufacturer's standard warranty
- Skylight frames will be assembled in manufacturer's shop.
- All welding shall be by the heliarc process.
- Provide weep holes 18" o.c.
- Skylights to have approval of I.C.B.O. and California State Fire Marshal. Skylights shall also have city of Los Angeles research report number.
Part 2 - Products
- Skylight(s) shall be manufactured by Lane-Aire Manufacturing Corp., 2820 El Presidio Street, Carson, California 90749. Phone number (312) 636-2324 or (714) 547-7744.
- All aluminum members shall have the minimum mechanical properties of aluminum alloy 6063 T-5
- Flashing shall be formed from sheet aluminum alloy 3003 or 5052 H32. Thickness to be determined per job situation.
- Interior and exterior glazing shall be (architech to specify thickness and color — Lane-Aire Manufacturing can supply any type of acrylic).
- Glazing for dome skylights shall be thermoformed from plexiglass brand acrylic. Domes are available in clear transparent, white translucent, bronze and grey transparent solar control Plexiglas® brand acrylic sheet.
- Glazing gaskets shall be extruded santoprene, glazing gaskets have a 50 +/- 5 durometer hardness a minimum elongation of 450%.
- Fasteners shall be cad plated steel, or aluminum, or 300 series stainless steel.
- Finish shall be (architect to specify — Lane-Aire Manufacturing can supply any commercially available aluminum finish).